Introducing Miss Hulst - our student teacher!


Hello parents,

My name is Mandi Hulst, and I am a senior at Hope College. I will be student teaching in Mrs. Hansens classroom, until December 15. I am studying Elementary Education, with an emphasis on English Language Arts. After I graduate, I am hoping to be a lower elementary teacher in the West Michigan area. I graduated from Hamilton High School in 2013, and am so excited to be back in my home middle school working with your child(ren)!

Ever since I was little, I knew I wanted to be a teacher. I have worked with children all my life, from babysitting, to being a camp counselor, volunteering at Blue Star, and being in different field placements for my classes at Hope. Some of my hobbies include reading, shopping, watching movies, and anything to do with the Detroit Tigers.

In Mrs. Hansens classroom, I will be working with students one-on-one, in small groups, eventually taking over and teaching the class. My past field placements have been at Eagle Crest Charter Academy and Holland West K-8, all in elementary classes, as well as Hamilton Middle School in 7th grade English and Social Studies.

I am looking forward to a great semester!


Thank you,


Mandi Hulst

Comments